On Sun, 22 Nov 2020, at 04:08, Peter wrote:
> Is it possible for JES to allow to run two started task with the same name
> in a LPAR(not sysplex).

Twenty+ years ago there wasn't a problem running multiple STCs with the
same name, if you could make sure there'd be no dataset contention.

I remember using automation to start some STCs with a parameter that
was used as one qualifier in every temporary datasetname that that STC
would allocate.  I think (but can't remember how) that the automation
that started the STCs made sure that different values were used for that
qualifier.

So eg in the STC JCL there might have been

//SYSUT2   DD DISP=(NEW,DELETE,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(5,5))
//         UNIT=SYSDA,DSN=APP3.STC#TEMP.&T..IEBSYSU2
//SYSUT3   DD DISP=(NEW,DELETE,DELETE),SPACE=(TRK,(5,5))
//         UNIT=SYSDA,DSN=APP3.STC#TEMP.&T..IEBSYSU3

and that instance of the STC was started with a unique T= parm.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.