It's not foolproof, but for both HLL's and assembler the COBANALZ program in
CBT file 321 will give you (in the SUMMARY DD output) a pretty good guess at
the compiler or assembler version that generated the code.  From that you could
extrapolate the minimum hardware level required based on the announcement
letter for that release of each language's compiler.  Crude, but possible,
though COBANLZ does not handle "unbound object code", only executables (load
module or P.O.).

For HLL compilers that allow you to generate the pseudo-assembler equivalent of
the compiled code, you can analyze the compiler listing for instruction uses,
but if you only have executable code, obviously that is no help.

For executable-only (no source or listing available) assembler, you would need
to decode the executable into instructions and data (not trivial by any means)
to build a list of instructions used.  An instruction trace program like
TRACE390 in CBT file 391 could help there, assuming you have the files and JCL
needed to run the program once through the trace program.  The trace output
would provide you with a list of instructions executed to analyze for hardware
level.  The caveat there is that AFAIK CBT file 391 has not been updated in
quite a while and lacks many of the newer z-architecture instructions, not
least the whole suite of vector instructions.

Running any kind of instruction trace has the caveat that not all instruction
paths are guaranteed to be executed, and there could easily be instructions
requiring a higher architecture level hiding in un-executed code.

In general, if all you have is executable code, I would call this one of those
"hard problems".

Peter