From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Sean Gleann [sean.gle...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 11:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Request for help with removing sequence numbers from PDS members

Jeremy - I tried variants of what you suggest, but all to no avail.

"ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN" appears to be OK - at least, there's no
error message.

"ADDRESS ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN" results in
IKJ56500I COMMAND ADDRESS NOT FOUND
       +++ RC(-3) +++

Splitting the command into two gives
"ADDRESS ISPEXEC"
IKJ56500I COMMAND ADDRESS NOT FOUND
       +++ RC(-3) +++
"CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"
IKJ56500I COMMAND CONTROL NOT FOUND
       +++ RC(-3) +++

So I'm at a bit of a loss, really.
RC(-3) is an environment problem, no?

I'm trying to run the REXX in in a batch job with IKJEFT01.
I've got DD statements for ISP[M,P,S,T,]LIB pointing at relevant datasets
and a (now corrected) DD for ISPPROF, referring to a temporary file.
A SYSEXEC DD points to the PDS containing my REXX program.
For the SYSTSIN, I've got ISPSTART CMD(<name of rexx>)

The next command in the REXX is "ISREDIT MACRO", but that leads back to the
RC(20) situation
"ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"
"ISREDIT MACRO"

Regards