On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:58:07 +0000, Lars Höglund wrote:

>You can use SETMSG even in batch that's why ISPMLIB

What is its effect?

BLKSIZE(0)?

How old is that code?  What portable UNIT esoteric is advised for a temp DSN?

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:43:09 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>ISPF has an ISPEXEC command in support of clists; '"ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS
>RETURN"' is equivalent to 'ADDRESS ISPEXEC "CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"' with more
>overhead. That rc 20 means that it is not running under ISPF. Under ISPF, the
>initial environment is ISPEXEC.

I thought, TSO.  Silly design.

A mischievous developer might create a command environment named
ADDRESS with an ADDRESS command so:
    address ADDRESS 'ADDRESS'
... would work without error.

Contrariwise, when I used CMS/370 ISPF many decades ago, ADDRESS ISREDIT
was mis-implemented.  Something like:
    address ISREDIT 'MACRO'
    "RC(-3)"
... but: