Hi Dave,
Please take a look at many of the recent performance enhancements that we've
done in z/OSMF, specifically for smaller LPARs. We had heard very positive
things about these enhancements, and we are still looking at doing more.

z/OSMF specific new functions can be found here:  https://ibm.github.io/zOSMF/
.  In that location, I'll paste below what it has, so that we have it inline
here too:
====
z/OSMF startup time and resource consumption during startup is improved with
the PTFs for APARs PH28921, PH28920, PH28971, PH28990, PH28451, PH29230,
PH29243, PH28832, and PH28872. Actual results can vary, depending on the
client's configuration.

z/OSMF startup improvement is now available:

With the new PTFs we delivered for startup improvement, in lab measurements of
a small z15 lpar, the startup time improved about 50%. Please refer to our blog
(https://community.ibm.com/community/user/ibmz-and-linuxone/blogs/jing-hua-jiang1/2020/10/30/make-your-zosmf-server-starts-significantly-faster)
 for details.
====

I hope you find with these PTFs installed, you see a significant drop in z/OSMF
server initialization time.  Once it is initialized, it is expected that the
server uses very few cycles when not performing requested work by the user.

Thanks,
Marna WALLE
z/OS Install and Upgrade