> ICE752I 0 FSZ=0 RE  IGN=0 C  AVG=188 0  WSP=0 E  DYN=2313 16352

Dave,

When DFSORT is invoked via  program, it needs to know how many records it
is sorting so that it can optimally allocate resources needed to sort that
data. Since the program is feeding the records DFSORT does not have a clue
and the resources allocated are not enough to complete the sort and hence
the message ICE046A 0 SORT CAPACITY EXCEEDED - RECORD COUNT 6956799

Generally, DFSORT can automatically determine the input file size. However,
in a few cases, such as when an E15 supplies all of the input records or
when information about a tape data set is not available from a tape
management system, DFSORT cannot determine an accurate file size.

Your joblog does not show one of the important message.  You should have
gotten an ICE118I message

ICE118I UNKNOWN FILE SIZE - RECOMMEND SPECIFYING FILSZ=EN TO REDUCE RISK OF
FAILURE OR DEGRADED PERFORMANCE

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSLTBW_2.3.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r3.icem100/mb00083.htm

DFSORT failed after processing about 6,956,799 . So if you know how many
records you are going to process, then you can pass an estimated filesize
via DFSPARM like this

//DFSPARM  DD *
  OPTION FILSZ=E10000000
/*

Since DFSORT already processed about 6.9 million records, I just estimated
that you have 10 million records. You can change that number depending on
your input file.

Further if you have any questions please let me know

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation