SAS application programs often invoke multiple PROC SORT requests (some thru
SQL-type invocations, or otherwise) and so there really should not be an OPTION
FILESZ=Ennnnnnn necessary, given the SAS program-invoked method (i.e., SAS
generates the OPTION and SORT statements.)

And so you should see evidence in SORT diagnostic output messages where the
SAS/DFSORT request is invoked where you really should see the SORT statement
and any preceding OPTION statement which is where you would see the file-size
(estimated) directive.

So, if the OP codes a //SORTDIAG DD DUMMY statement and if there is no OPTION
statement followed by the SORT FIELDS=(....)  invocation directive, then you
need to open a SAS support TRACK and be ready to provide the entire job-output
along with the SASLOG, also to include your PROC OPTIONS; output for their
review/diagnosis.  Something is not right with the SAS/DFSORT invocation
diagnostics output contributed in this IBM-MAIN group post.

Regards,

Scott Barry
SBBTech LLC