On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:27:06 -0500, John Abell wrote:

>I still have and use the SPF/PC GUI Version 4.0 Build 965 circa 2002 running
>on Windows 10.  It is too bad it wasn't still available and slightly
>modernized.

and for Linux for z?

We had on Solaris:
    https://www.wrkgrp.com/
    "uni-SPF is available on all major commercial UNIX platforms."
    https://www.wrkgrp.com/unispf/Release.html

z?  Perhaps no Linux is "commercial".

I found it pointless.  My CMS XEDIT macros just didn't work in
uni-Rexx under uni-Xedit.  Perhaps if I had restricted myself
to a FILENAME.FILETYPE.FM naming convention ...
It wouldn't have been worth it.

MacOS and Windows have customary native file managers and
many exist for Linux AMD-64; probably portable to z.

-- gil