(YA Mail provider!?)
On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 17:29:24 +0100, Radoslaw Skorupka  wrote:

>What about something like Midnight Commander?
>Of course ISPF/PDF have better features, but some of them are not
>applicable to Linux like systems.
>
>BTW: In fact I miss something similar to Norton (or Midnight) Commander
>in ISPF. I mean zOS Unix file management. Yes, there are at least two of
>them (I can't check names now, but I believe one is under 3.17 option).

I've used 3.17.  UTF-8 handled as well as terminal allows.
Pillarbox display on >80 terminals is unforgivable.

>W dniu 26.01.2021 o 17:19, Paul Gilmartin pisze:
>>>
>> and for Linux for z?
>>
>> We had on Solaris:
>>      https://www.wrkgrp.com/
>>      "uni-SPF is available on all major commercial UNIX platforms."
>>      https://www.wrkgrp.com/unispf/Release.html
>>
>> z?  Perhaps no Linux is "commercial".

Aha!  https://www.wrkgrp.com/unispf/FAQ.html
    uni-SPF is available on the vast majority of UNIX machines - IBM's AIX,
    H/P's HP/UX, Sun's Solaris,and Linux Intel and S390.

$$$?  THE GPL:  http://hessling-editor.sourceforge.net/
    (Build from source?)

-- gil