On 28/01/2021 12:20 am, Tom Brennan wrote:
The last time I had any major Linux editing to do (writing a relatively large system in C, multiple modules, etc.) I used the editor that comes with Microsoft Visual Studio on Win 10, with Samba setup to automatically save the files from Windows over to the Linux box.  Worked great and no vi or whatever needed.  Maybe that could be an alternative on the mainframe too, at least for a large project where it's worth setting up Samba.

Unfortunately, SMB is being phased out on z/OS. Apparently, this is not for technical reasons it's because IBM don't have the resources to maintain it!

Did you know that one of the most popular Vs Code plugins is Vim emulation? https://github.com/VSCodeVim/Vim