Peter Relson wrote:

.

May I ask why you need to switch to key 9? That is very atypical. I believe that the Storage Protect Override facility, as implemented in z/OS with Key 9, was created so that CICS transactions could avoid accidental overlays of CICS key 8 storage. So unless you're trying super-hard to prevent yourself from overlaying your own key 8 storage, you would not typically get into key 9.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

Hi Peter!

I'm playing around with some tests and was switching keys,
and didn't want to mess with authorized code. So I just picked
the next one up to 8.  There was nothing "special" in my choice
of 9.

Same kind of idea - trying to just switch to key 9 and make sure
things don't blow up, or accidently reference the previously allocated
key 8 memory.

But I bumped into some references to the previous memory that
are intentional/needed... so it's a bit of a squirrely mess at this point.

  - Dave R. -

--
riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com