On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 13:45:45 +0000 Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

:>There's no reason to flush the cache, and doing so would be a major
performance hit. With luck there an IBM Systems Journal article or redbook on
the I-unit of current processors; if not, there should be.

How does the cache work?

Does MVS preserve the I-cache if a different thread is executing the same
address (or share the I-cache between different CPUs)?

Does it validate that the source of the cache is accessible whenever the SPKA
is issued, i.e., does the cache have key and fetch protect bits?

Any pre-executed instructions will have to be rolled back, correct?

http://www.dissensoftware.com