On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:38:11 +0100, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

>W dniu 12.02.2021 o 15:46, Binyamin Dissen pisze:
>> I am hoping some of you folk might have some ideas.
>>
>> I am trying to upload source files from a windows machine with only the above
>> programs. I am not familiar with either.
>
>In this case it would be nice to have a tool which create XMI file on PC
>side. Unfortunately all xmit managers I know do not update XMI files.

>2. Use ftp instead of IND$FILE.
>3. Use another terminal emulator. Even trial version, or just buy one of
>the cheaper.
>
>In fact we don't know all the constraints you have.

He says (astonishingly) he has *only* "wc3270 or NOTEPAD++".
Wc3270 probably includes IND$FILE but not FTP.  I know only one
(now obsolescent) 3270 emulator which includes FTP (server!),
and it never ran on Windows.

If he had WinZip (which he says he hasn't) and WinZip could create
a .pax archive (I believe it can extract them) ...

-- gil