Gil, I can't tell whether these are real questions or arguments.  As arguments
I don't know enough to respond to most of them, but I'll treat them as actual
requests for information and then respond "I don't know" in some cases:

G> How do you get your 50 files to the desktop side?

And right off the bat, I see I may have misled you.  I have these REXX modules
stored on my PC in plain-text files, usually named "<modulename>.mvsrex".  So
from the point of view of me trying to copy them to a new client's mainframe,
they started on the desktop side.

G> How many such sites lack a zip archiver on the desktop side?

And again, I see I was unclear.  (So many assumptions on my part.)  For the
last 10 years or so my work has been almost entirely remote.  With many clients
I have to spend the first week on-site just so they know I'm a real person, but
when I'm talking about uploading my tools to the mainframe I mean directly from
~my~ PC.

G> How many such sites lack jar on the z side?

No idea.  In the context of this thread I have no difficulty remembering that
jar is some kind of compression scheme (isn't it?).  But I don't think I've
ever used it.

G> How many such sites have a version of Rexx on the desktop side?

I pause in befuddlement.  Not many that I know of; I had to get my boss'
permission to download a copy of Regina REXX in order to write him a
handy-dandy tool once (it read great gulps of firewall logs to determine likely
sources of virus infection).  But how is the question relevant to the issue of
transferring mainframe-REXX modules from the desktop to the mainframe?

G> How do you deal with ASCII<->EBCDIC?  How do you deal with <CR><LF>?

IND$FILE handles those.  Ah, but in case I've found yet another way to be
unclear, let me do better:  The multi-file-transfer scheme I was talking about
is not a single file that contains all the files I want to transfer,
concatenated together, with ways of handling filenames, EOF, EOL etc; it is a
list of filenames, with special characters delimiting the filenames, the
transfer methods for each and so on.  So maybe each line has a lower-case 'a'
to start, then a path and filename, then two hex 00s, followed by 'B' or 'T'
(for binary or ASCII); the next three characters can be anything, but after
that...and so on.  If I use the emulator's method to create a three-file
transfer definition, and then examine the file it creates, I can (sometimes)
imitate that syntax and create a file of my own using (say) VBScript.

G> Does IBM consider IND$FILE supported?

I've always assumed so.  I used to be able to initiate file transfers by typing
the IND$FILE command manually at the READY prompt or at option 6, ignoring the
emulator entirely; doesn't that mean it's supported in TSO?

---

/* -from _A Pilgrim's Regress_ by C S Lewis:
John: Well, you would not assure me that it was anything real.
Reason: Nor that it was not.
John:  But I must think it is one or the other.
Reason:  By my father's soul, you must NOT -- until you have some evidence.
Can you not remain in doubt?
John:  I don't know that I have ever tried.
Reason:  You must learn to, if you are to come far with me.... */