W dniu 20.02.2021 o 20:32, Paul Gilmartin pisze:
On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 10:42:37 -0800, Tom Brennan wrote:
It's irritating that some users report problems and supply graphic
screenshots as documentation.
For mainframe issues at the terminal, sure.  But in other cases I might
want an image, such as last week with a new z15 that wouldn't IPL and I
asked to see the HMC screen.  Turns out the solution was pretty easy
once I saw the error - nobody had connected any FICON cables yet.
That'll do it :)

May I in infer, then, that:
o The HMC (they never let me touch one) has only graphic screenshot
   capability, not text?
o The HMC is inaccessible via emulator?  Good security; hindrance to
   darkened/remote computer room operations.

Otherwise I can't envision a graphic screen image as superior to text.

As Dave noted HMC is accessible directly or remotely, but in both cases it is browser. IMHO remote access is better, because it's easier to make screenshots and manage them. And this is HTML, so you can prepare set of pictures and/or the messages as text. I created several instructions and used both. Sometimes it's better to show the picture and sometimes it is better to provide only the message. Of course in this case the goal was to make some procedure easier for the reader, not an audit. I was also a movie star during some CPC upgrade I performed, but due to some co-worker who disturbed me... parental advisory... yes, the language was coarse...
(is it late Friday?)

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)