>Thank you for that link.  I was not aware that IBM made closed APAR
>documentation available to the public.
>
>I still think it is wrong for two major machine upgrades to have occurred and
>yet none of the HLASM manuals was updated.

HLASM hasn't really changed.  It would be nice if the page at
http://www.vm.ibm.com/devpages/jelliott/cmosproc.html
would be updated to include the HLASM opcode table that is
appropriate for each model.  It would also be nice if the HLASM
manuals would contain a link to a web page with the current
information about what op code tables are recognized, the APAR
that provided the support and the processors that introduced
the new instructions.

--
Tom Marchant