From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Joe
Monk
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2021 6:37 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: EXTERNAL: COBOL V6.2 possible change in behavior with recent patch
level

I used to  write code for and maintain the code base of a Pension and 401k
accounting system written in  COBOL ... we ran at the top 6% of the banks in
the USA.

The way you fix your problem is you have support levels. Yes there are tons of
customer with different compiler levels. BUT your company, as an  organization,
can  have a minimum support level...

Z13? OK cobol 6.2 patch level such-and-such is required to run our software.
Z14? OK cobol 6.2 patch  level such-and-such is required to run our software.

Joe