Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)
Lodz, Poland

W dniu 21.03.2021 o 00:40, Charles Mills pisze:
My wild guess is that Tom Brennan knows a TN3270 client when he sees one.

@Tom: Was it yours?

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Radoslaw Skorupka
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 3:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: z/TPF questions

W dniu 20.03.2021 o 17:42, Tom Brennan pisze:
On 3/20/2021 7:09 AM, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:

To be honest, out of curiosity I always peek the systems in use when
I'm served as customer.
Me too!  When I first started going to Kaiser the doctors had
Attachmate running with a long row of PF key buttons across the bottom
of the screen.  Years ago they switched to a GUI system. But... in
Southern California there's a beer/wine/liquor store called BevMo and
when I recently asked about a particular bottle, I looked over and the
guy was typing on a TN3270 screen.  I guess if something works, why
change it?
Curious: are you sure it is 3270, not 5250? AS/400 family is quite
popular in retail.
I had many false detections.
BTW: Our blood donation system use AS/400 system. Several years ago they
used real (hard) terminals. Now it is PCOMM. However doctor told me
there are plans to replace it with new shining gui&mobile system. As far
as I know they saw some prototype and they are very unhappy about the
change. Current system is simple and even new personnel have no problem
with that. <sarcasm on> The new one will be modern, with all possible
modern features - malware, ransomware, data lost, logic errors,
administrative interface for PFCSKs connected via Internet...