Yes, I also heard about quick IPL time, I was even heard about under minute times. Of course I cannot test it.

Regarding 3215 - it is another type of console. In z/OS realm we use 3270 family, but z/VM (CMS) like 3215 and there is TERMINAL CONMODE command to change the type of emulated device. However it seems TPF expect 3215 device and no CONMODE is available. Many years ago (z10?) new optional (paid) hardware feature was added to the machine - it is 3215 mode of OSA-ICC emulated terminals. When you have it enabled you see more tabs and windows on HMC.

BTW: 30 CPs sounds amazing for me. I have never touch such big configurations except some drills in Montpellier (IBM site). Fortunately I had not to pay for it.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
(looking for new job)