I am not sure I understand now.
I created a simple COBOL Program and added a number of 01 level items to
the Linkage section and then I added PROCEDURE DIVISION USING... a list of
the data items I expected to see passed from my little REXX EXEC.
LINKAGE SECTION.
01 parameter-1 PIC X(08)
01 parameter-2 PIC X(08)
01 parameter-3 PIC X(20)

PROCEDURE DIVISION USING parameter-1, parameter-2, parameter-3.

I create a PLIST in REXX and called my dumb program passing the PLIST PARM
and then dumped the Linkage parameters.

>From what I can see when I look at the items in HEX, I get a two byte
binary length followed by something that looks like a pointer.
len= x'000A' and pointer is x'0000000130E10000'
But none of the PARMs are actually ten bytes long, and the address seems
wrong to me.

Have I misunderstood something here?