Sounds like you want to be using LINKPGM

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSLTBW_2.1.0/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ikja300/ikja30034.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Cameron Conacher
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 6:12 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [IBM-MAIN] Can I use a REXX PLIST when calling a COBOL program?

Hello everyone,
I have been busy playing with an old support pac from IBM that enables REXX to
call an Assembler routine that in turn invokes EXCI.
Not terribly important, but I thought the PLIST interface between REXX and
Assembler was pretty slick. I had not seen it before. (and the support pac was
from 1996!)

It got me to wondering if I could do something similar with REXX calling a
COBOL routine.
Can I pass a PLIST from REXX to a COBOL program?

If I can pass the PLIST, do I need to parse the pointer list myself, or can I
just list out the linkage section items in the order I expect them.

Thanks for any thoughts,

.......Cameron