Paul,
when you say that my COBOL program must be coded Rexx-aware, do you mean I
need to work with IRXEXCOM to tease the parameters out from REXX?
I appreciate everyone's input.
I don't know if the "appropriate" path forward is to use ADDRESS LINK or
ADDRESS LINKMVS or if I should continue to try to make the CALL work.
I don't want to waste anyone's time (other than my own).

I will keep playing around to see if I can figure this out.