REXXEXCI is my program.
I pass some parameters to the program, and it issues an EXEC-CICS LINK to
jump across EXCI into the CICS region to run a non-terminal transaction. I
pass the APPLID of the CICS region, and a program name to run, and a
transaction code to run the program under etc...
I don't have any issue writing COBOL code to manage the EXCI aspects.
I can code to the LINK interface or I can code to the CALL interface.

The area where I am a bit thin is in the REXX arena.
I guess I will just work with the ADDRESS LINKMVS format and pass the
individual parameters.
I thought I would be able to do something cute by putting all the parms
into a PLIST and then calling my COBOL program.
I was able to put all the parms into a PLIST and then call an assembler
routine, so I thought How much more work could it be to go directly to
COBOL?

Anyway again, I appreciate everyone's patience and assistance here.