On 3/8/2013 1:20 PM, Lizette Koehler wrote:
Esteem Listers -

I have a simple issue, but I am unable to see a solution.  Running z/OS
V1.12.

I create a new VSAM file.  Then I REPRO current to new.

Sometimes (not always) when this job runs I get

REPRO IDS(NEW.VSAM.FILE)        -
.       ODS(CURRENT.VSAM.FILE) REUSE
.IKJ56225I DATA SET CURRENT.VSAM.FILE ALREADY IN USE, TRY LATER
.IKJ56225I DATA SET IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER
.IDC0005I NUMBER OF RECORDS PROCESSED WAS ....
.IDC3003I FUNCTION TERMINATED. CONDITION CODE IS 12

Your sample actually shows copying new to current, I
assume that is what you meant you do.

If you add a DD card with the current VSAM dataset to
your job with DISP=OLD, your job will not start running
until the dataset is available, and you will be able to
see the conflict.

--
Richard