Hi Lizette,

Use DD statements and you can control the enqueue yourself ...
   REPRO IFILE(INPUT) OFILE(OUTPUT) REUSE

IDCAMS always uses DISP=OLD for it's allocations.

Dan

-----Original Message----- From: Lizette Koehler Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 2:20 PM Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main Subject: Enqueue during VSAM REPRO - Who is the culprit

Esteem Listers -

I have a simple issue, but I am unable to see a solution.  Running z/OS
V1.12.

I create a new VSAM file.  Then I REPRO current to new.

Sometimes (not always) when this job runs I get

REPRO IDS(NEW.VSAM.FILE)        -
.       ODS(CURRENT.VSAM.FILE) REUSE
.IKJ56225I DATA SET CURRENT.VSAM.FILE ALREADY IN USE, TRY LATER
.IKJ56225I DATA SET IS ALLOCATED TO ANOTHER JOB OR USER
.IDC0005I NUMBER OF RECORDS PROCESSED WAS ....
.IDC3003I FUNCTION TERMINATED. CONDITION CODE IS 12

There does not appear to be any GRS messages in SYSLOG, and I am not finding
anything in RMF Mon at this point.

By the time I am notified, the job has already ended.

I have read the past posts on how difficult this can be to identify the
culprit.  I am pulling VSAM SMF records and running them through DAF.  As
well as using ENQ(DETAIL) running RMF Post Processor.  Just looking to see
if there is anything else.

Any suggestions?  If not, I will put in a Share request that IBM at least
identify the culprit when the REPRO or other IDCAMS/TSO commands run.

Lizette Koehler