Last I looked, WLM didn't take action at less than full CPU  utilization. Even
discretionary work can push a CP to capacity for brief periods if there isn't
anything more important ready to run.
We rarely really reach CPU constrained processing, and never for long periods,
unless we are actually capped.

This new parm would keep us to low, all the time. I'd like a steady limit at
about twice my softcap for z/OS cost (4/hour)purposes.

ABSMSUCAPPING=option
Specifies whether a defined capacity limit or group capacity limit is to be
enforced only while the long
term four-hour rolling average consumption is greater than or equal to the
defined limit, or if it should
always be enforced. In the syntax, option is either YES or NO.
NO
The defined capacity limit or group capacity limit is enforced only while the
long term four-hour
rolling average consumption is greater than or equal to the respective limit.
IEAOPTxx
388 z/OS: MVS Initialization and Tuning Reference
YES
The defined capacity limit or group capacity limit is enforced permanently,
independently of the
long term four-hour rolling average consumption.
Default: NO
Absolute MSU capping requires an IBM zEC12 (GA2), or later, server to become
effective.