Ron Hawkins wrote:

>Others may want to correct me, but from what I've observed OPT(4) is only used
>for the DUMP command.
>COPY will accept OPT(4), but all you seem to get is  OPT(3).

I wanted to jump in this thread, saying that OPT(<n>) is only for DUMP (as per
documentation for z/OS v1.12), but I intentionaly waited to see what others
said.

Ron, how did you see OPT(3) is used instead of OPT(4) as given as parm?

Could it be that OPT is a 'phantom' keyword to be ignored instead of rejected
as a syntax error? Or in other words - is ONE syntax checker is used for all
the DFDSS commands and just ignore(s) 'undefined'/'undocumented' keywords?

Mind you, there are some threads about syntax of DFDSS input in IBM-MAIN this
last 12 or so months.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht