Hi Lizette,
I think DanD hit it on the head with his suggestion about using infile &
outfile dd statements instead of ids & ods.
Ids & Ods use a disp of "old" during dynamic allocation.

I have a sneaky feeling that your job is contending with itself because grs or
mim can't always see quickly enough that the dataset is free'd after the
del/def.
As the message is an IKJ its implying that its all done within a TSO rexx
routine and rexx is quite well know for erratic behaviour.

Do you have explicit close & free's coded in your rexx for the dataset prior to
the final repro?

In any event, I'd suggest changing your repro to hardcoded infile outfile dd's
with a disp of shr.

regards,
             Dave