Hi – saw your note in IBM-Main – this is my somewhat refined process. I am
working with a friend and may have a more refined process shortly.

Note that my goals are:

1.      be able to create a filesystem with a set of tools that can then be
deployed without having to deploy anything conda
2.      be able to deploy an updated package easily without impacting other
packages which will be in other filesystems
3.      be able to unit test each updated package and deploy only to the
systems that require it

1. conda create -n git226 git
2. env | sort > before
3. conda activate git226
4. env | sort > after
5. conda deactivate git226
6. diff before after > diff
7. edit diff
        - ignore > CONDA .... records
        - ignore all records that don't have a > or <
        - ignore PS2 and PWD
        - ignore SHELL and SHLVL
        - capture delta for remaining
        - create exports for delta
                export LIBPATH=/u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226/lib:$LIBPATH
                export
MANPATH=/u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226/share/man:/u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226/man:$MANPATH
                export PATH=/u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226/bin:$PATH
        - adjust the exports for the new path (e.g. /tools/git/)
                export LIBPATH=/tools/git/lib:$LIBPATH
                export MANPATH=/tools/git/share/man:/tools/git/man:$MANPATH
                export PATH=/tools/git/bin:$PATH
8.      Create a new zfs (e.g. git226.zfs)
9.      mount it at /tools/git/
10.     copy (cp) from /u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226 to /tools/git
        cp -R /u/lbdyck/miniconda/envs/git226/ /tools/git/
11.     Add new exports to /etc/profile

Lionel B. Dyck <><
Website: https://www.lbdsoftware.com
Github: https://github.com/lbdyck

“Worry more about your character than your reputation. Character is what you
are, reputation merely what others think you are.”   - - - John Wooden