On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:03:17 -0400, Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org> wrote:

>It takes z/OSMF about an hour to fully initialize on my ZD&T … same behavior
>(lots of SIOs and CPU)  IBM says its fixing this but its been quite a while.
>Its Java related.
>
>Matt Hogstrom
>m...@hogstrom.org

Wow, that's a long time. I have it running on a laptop and only takes between
10-12 minutes before I can get in and work with it. I used it to deploy zCX on
the system with no problems and now have Zowe running (that also takes some
time starting). There were serious problems with zOSMF starting on these
systems but it has got better in fact it's even mentioned here:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.4.0?topic=configurations-setting-kcindex-parameter

Sebastian