Timothy,
Thanks for these links.  Are these fixes available in the ACDC downloads?

I was told that shared classes should make startup faster. I've been
playing with it and have noticed a few interesting things.

   1. I think the default shared classes cache size is 60MB...  Ive made it
   100MB and it is 93% full ! it would be good if  appropriate size was given
   in z/OSMF
   2. When I start z/OSMF a second time, the SMF 92-11 records show over
   1000 jar files are being opened, and some are being opened more than once,
   for example /usr/include/java_classes/IRRRacf.jar is being opened 68 times!
      1. Shared classes are being used, as I can display the file
      information in the shared cache
      2. It looks like jar files are >not< being loaded from the shared
      classes data space and they are being loaded from the file system.

Are there any magic options to say "load a jar - just once ...  not once
for each thread", or to tell Java to load from the shared classes cache?
It feels like an old (non java) problem of having a non reentrant load
module, so it was loaded from disk every time, instead of reusing the
in-memory copy.

Colin