On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 17:49:41 -0400, Gord Tomlin wrote:

>On 2021-07-01 14:15 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>> Can you not copy-paste rather than re-typing?  It saves you many
>> keystrokes and reduces the likelihood of typos.  (Can that be done
>> with Vista, in particular?)
>
>Copy/paste is easy peasy in vista.

Thanks.  I haven't Vista to play with, and others have said here that Vista
captures screens only as bitmaps, not acceptable on this list.

however, in: https://www.tombrennansoftware.com/multiple.html
I read:
    Each time something is Cut or Copied, the data is stored in
    Copybuffer 1, and also into the Windows Clipboard.

Ideally then, one might Select the entire screen; Copy; and Paste into
an editor such as Notepad++ or directly into a message to this list.

How does that procedure treat:
o Multi-line fields?
o Attribute bytes?
o Highlighting?

There are competing objectives:
o A programmer might want to Copy even a multi-line field as a string
  with no formatting.
o A writer of documentation or the OP to this thread might want a
  visually faithful image of the screen.

-- gil