From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Larry Slaten
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 10:45 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Mixing C/C++ with LE-conforming IBM HLASM

I am attempting to use the C/C++ FOPEN function to open a SYSLIB DD pointing to
a concatenation of executable libraries.  Then extract the DCB address so that
I can use it to populate the LOAD and BLDL macro. This would make it easier to
keep the root program RENT.  I realize that I can code the DCB in the root
assembler program and do what is necessary to keep the program RENT.  But,
using the C/C++ functions would make it simpler.  I have used the FOPEN
function to open the data set, retrieved the file pointer.  The file pointer
points to another 31-bit address. I have dumped the storage around that 31-bit
address, it still doesn't look like a DCB.  I  do see "SYSLIB" at +84 bytes, so
I appear to be close to the answer.  Does anybody know to obtain the DCB
address using the file pointer returned by FOPEN?

attachments from your system.