On Thu, 15 Jul 2021 22:16:11 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>What if there's more than one DCB with the desired ddname?

"Doctor, it hurts ..."

Can't the programmer control that, perhaps by letting SVC 99
(or BPXWDYN) choose a unique ddname?

(Does the C/C++ RTL allocation support that operation?  How does
fopen("//data.set.name") select a ddname to avoid collisions?)

If SYSLIB is a concatenation of UNIX directories, BLDL should work.
LOAD less likely.