On Wed, 14 Jul 2021 09:53:16 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>I played with the approach you suggest and abandoned the effort. Too hard, and
>too likely to break.
>
>What I did do that worked was code a number of atomic assembler routines that
>could be passed a DCB that was kept in an area that I malloc or new in C or
>C++.  ...

I once wrotee a HLASM routine,
o Probably NORENT; certainly not LE
o Called from Rexx with ADDRESS LINKMVS

It took a DDNAME as an argument; OPENed; returned a DCB pointer to use by
STORAGE()

My purpose was to determine the undocumented attributes of SYSINs depending on
attributes of thee submitting INTRDR.

Interestingly, JES3 differs from JES2.

It was a one-off.  I didn't even bother to CLOSE.

-- gil