Walt Ferrell answered this question a while back:

“
On Behalf Of Walt Farrell Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 11:11 AM To:
IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU Subject: Re: Need to find the DSN from where load
module was loaded On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 10:21:55 -0600, Support, DUNNIT SYSTEMS
LTD. <supp...@dunnitsys.com> wrote: >Thank you for sending me the code. I
haven't looked at it yet but I'll narrow >down what I'm talking about: > >1.
Environment is batch or ISPF. Check is during execution. Code is Assembler. >2.
Looking for origin DSN of program module which was loaded via LOAD macro. >3.
Loadlib can be in JOBLIB, STEPLIB or ISPF LIBDEF. >4. There may be multiple
loadlibs concatenated together in the DD allocation. You still haven't said why
you are doing this, and what you hope to accomplish with the information. That
may be important to getting the best answer. For the general case, as far as I
know, you cannot determine the answer with certainty. For some specific cases
of module access you may be able to determine the answer with a fair degree of
certainty, but probably not 100% unless you are the owner of the code that
loaded the module, and can guarantee the environment that code is running in.”

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 16, 2021, at 9:59 AM, RCG <rkcgowda1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Search order goes from the top (JOBLIB / STEPLIB) and indeed it finds the
> module from the first library in the concatenation, if it doesn't find, it
> searches next library, if it doesn't find, it looks out in your LNKLST,
> LPALST etc and if it finds nowhere, S806 abend will be thrown
>
> Regards,
> Ravi
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 7:17 PM A T & T Management <svet...@ameritech.net>
> wrote:
>
>> How can one determine where a module is obtained from when the module is
>> in a concatinated dataset list?
>> So for example you want to load module A and your dataset list
>> is://modules  dd  disp=shr,dsn=hlq1.ds1     has modules qwert
>> //    dd  disp=shr,dsn=hlq1.ds2                 has modules asdf
>> //    dd  disp=shr,dsn=hlq2.ds5                 has modules zxcv
>> So now you would get in return that module A comes from hlq1.ds2
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott

This e-mail message, including any attachments, appended messages and the
information contained therein, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient or have otherwise
received this email message in error, any use, dissemination, distribution,
review, storage or copying of this e-mail message and the information
contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you are not an intended
of this email message and do not otherwise utilize or retain this email
message or any or all of the information contained therein. Although this
email message and any attachments or appended messages are believed to be
free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the
sender for any loss or damage arising in any way from its opening or use.