W dniu 16.07.2021 o 15:46, A T & T Management pisze:
How can one determine where a module is obtained from when the module is in a
concatinated dataset list?
So for example you want to load module A and your dataset list is://modules  dd
 disp=shr,dsn=hlq1.ds1     has modules qwert
//    dd  disp=shr,dsn=hlq1.ds2                 has modules asdf
//    dd  disp=shr,dsn=hlq2.ds5                 has modules zxcv
So now you would get in return that module A comes from hlq1.ds2

You said "module" so we can assume this is some form of JOBLIB, STEPLIB or other concatenation.
However the answer is still "it depends" or "there is no universal method".
Of course the order or libraries is important - first duplicate will be loaded.

But... what is your goal? What problem do you want to solve? The more details, the better chance to find the answer. It can be as simple as some small REXX code. Or complex...

Oh, maybe you want be sure the module A comes from library HLQ1.DS2? What about RACF? However usually it works the opposite way. I mean you can protect ICKDSF, but you cannot (and you shouldn't) disallow to run someone's program named ICKDSF or F1CK, or FORBIDDN, or whatever.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland