> OK.  It requires multiple DCBs.

Yes, and if I'm doing something with every member of a PDS then I really don't
want all of those OPENs.

> A member is not named when it is created,  but only at the point of STOW

Thanks. Yes, the same issue exists with VPAM.

> BPAM shoud support GET and PUT.

Why? BSAM is for dealing with blocks. Although it would be nice if QSAM had
equivalents to equivalents to NOTE and POINT.

In TSS, you use SETL to point to a logical VPAM record. Check the references I
gave you.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3