Frank Swarbrick wrote:
>I don't mean the applications that use it, but rather the implementations of
>CCA itself.  I've only found ICSF and CCA for Linux on IBM System z.
>Since CCA is meant to be "common" I was wondering if it was implemented by
>anyone outside of IBM itself.

Ah. I don't see the argument for that for the vendor: it's a lot of work, and
they're unlikely to need all the functions, so they're doing more work to
enable other folks to be able to port their products to that platform more
easily. And since (as Todd notes) IBM supports CCA on the four main platforms,
this would also mean implementing it for some rare system like HP/UX or Stratus
or something.

So the net would be a lot of work on a platform that isn't mainstream to
support something that helps others. I wouldn't hold my breath!

...phsiii