Hi

I have a Rexx exec which implement a program that does a search for data and
writes the result to a output file

The exec takes 2 paths depending if the input dsn is a wild card type like 3.4
In this case the input can be many 10’s or 100 of files

Or the input can be one file

If the input is just one file I run the entire process in foreground under tso
In this case I dynamically allocate the output file via SVC 99
After from Rexx I invoke file manager to display the output

If the input is multiple files then I allocate the output via ADDRESS TSO “ALLOC

Later on I build JCL and one or more submits

The difference is when I use the process that’s submits jobs in which case I
allocate the output file via TSO ALLOC

File manger abends trying to display the output

In both cases I use the same Rexx variables TCIN TCLIB and FILEIN

Followed by ADDRESS ISPEXEC “SELECT CMD(FILEMGR $DSV….

My question is why when allocation a file via TSO ALLOC does file manager abend
while allocating the file via SVC 99 it works

It had nothing to do with the number of records in the output as on input I
tried an input file appending a * to the end of the dsn which drove my logic to
tso ALLOC and batch submission ( even though it was one file)

Thanks in advance