Gil,

You're never wrong, but rarely helpful :-)

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com

On 8/31/21 12:13 PM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 09:50:30 -0700, Sri h Kolusu  wrote:

Is there an IBM Utility that will do this?
Preferrable with FILEDATA=TEXT processing mode on the output file
IDCAAMS REPRO?  (I haven't checked its requirements.)

As a last resort, Rexx:

Override stdin to RECFM=U and interpret the SDWs ad-hoc.

Output with CHAROUT(); separate records with '15'x.

(In the past I have reported problems mixing CHARIN() with LINEIN()
or CHAROUT() with LINEOUT().  I don't know that those have been
repaired.  I doubt BPXWUNIX would be useful; don't know about
CozBATCH.)

If your shop has IBM File-Manager then you can use the following JCL

I suspect the OP is an ISV and would prefer as few "if"s as possible.

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=FILEMGR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//DDIN     DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your.MVS.LRECLX.Dataset
//DDOUT    DD PATH='/yourdir/lreclx.copy',
//            PATHMODE=(SIRWXU,SIRWXG,SIRWXO),
//            PATHOPTS=(OWRONLY,OCREAT,OEXCL),
//            PATHDISP=(KEEP,DELETE),FILEDATA=TEXT
//SYSIN    DD *
$$FILEM DSC
-- gil