From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Phil Smith III
Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2021 7:08 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: PL/I vs. JCL

Charles Mills  wrote:
>I once had an all-out war (I won! I was the president!) with a tech writer
who insisted that the

>documentation should spell out Multiple Virtual Systems on the first
reference to MVS (in technical

>documentation for a hardcore mainframe product). My position was that it
made us look like idiots.

Might have been the same writer who we had to order to STOP changing
"filename" to "file name" and "userid" to "user identifier" in
VM documentation. Know your audience!

However, I would have stopped yours even earlier on the grounds that MVS
stands for "Multiple Virtual Storage", not ".Systems". Just
sayin'.