But now you’ve got me thinking

- ooRexx for Linux on Z is bona fide Z arch code. The calls to the OS are
obviously different and have the Linux conventions and OS call numbers in them
- people are building container extensions for z/OS - how hard could it be to
use some of that code and run ooRexx for Z (linux) on a thin (container
extension) layer of z/OS
- did someone run the native Z ooRexx version in a Docker container yet and,
for example, bind mount a conventional z/OS dataset to it?

Some other thoughts are:
- the work of integrating the REXX370 interpreter with USS also has been done
(and even has linein/lineout)
- watch CREXX in a number of months when it jumps from the threaded code
compiler to LLVM

In general I agree with the sentiments on this list that Object Rexx for z/OS
should have been there years ago, but we can’t break the real iron with bare
hands. Some attention from the originators would have been welcome.
Volunteers welcome, as always: www.rexxla.org

Best regards,

René.