I remember doing those tech updates by hand...circa 1985?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Carmen Vitullo
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2022 12:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IBM Knowledge Center down?

not shameless IMHO, a great tool I use first before hitting the books.

to age myself a bit, I remember getting boxes of hard copy, and updates
periodically and was able to update the doc by hand, anyone remember the

| update makes and what pages to remove and replace?

taking that away and replacing it with a ACTION(DOC) update is little to no
help with all the products that now encompass the base

I hope IBM developers are reading, listening, we really need the ability to
update PDF doc, IBM pushed KC to be on our local processors, and HAD a great
tool to get the doc from IBM and update our local copy of the KC, last I head
that's not working? or de funked?

I don't know how this can be done, but I'm sure it can be done via SMP/E or an
outboard tool to update our local doc with any ACTION(DOC) I would be willing
to do what's necessary to create a local repository and update any cfg file to
make this happen locally

Carmen

--
/I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed,
but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that