Tom,

This is an old trick that allows a program to call SVC to switch to
supervisor mode and key zero. Once you are there, you can do almost
everything. for example, login to another user without specifying a
password, use the bypass userid, and so on.

However, David only mentions a facility that is quite common, but hasn't
proved it was used in an illegal operation.

Best,
ITschak

*| **Itschak Mugzach | Director | SecuriTeam Software **|** IronSphere
Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring for Z/OS, zLinux
and IBM I **|  *

*|* *Email**: i_mugz...@securiteam.co.il **|* *Mob**: +972 522 986404 **|*
*Skype**: ItschakMugzach **|* *Web**: www.Securiteam.co.il  **|*