That's what I was thinking. Hiding parmlib puts a rock in the road, but you can just walk around it.

A long time ago I remember trying to compress parmlib in place and found a started task had it allocated in its JCL. I can't remember why that was - I assume to read bits and pieces at various times. So maybe there's a legitimate reason for at least that one task to read parmlib.