On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 13:01:14 +0000, Billy Ashton wrote:

>Is there a simple command like IEFBR14 that will allow me to delete a
>USS path if it exists, or to just skip over it if not? Right now, if I
>run IEFBR14, and have a DD statement with a path like
>PATH='/tmp/tempfile.txt',PATHDISP=(DELETE,DELETE) and that file does not
>exist, I get a JCL error.

I believe that if you code:
    PATH='/tmp/tempfile.txt',PATHDISP=(DELETE,DELETE),PATHOPTS=(OCREAT,ORDWR)
You will not get the error.  It may momentarily create the file, then
delete it.  Is that objectionable.

>Ideally, I should not need this, but want to ensure that this file is
>not there when I start my processing.

What is your requirement in detail?  If you code
    PATH='/tmp/tempfile.txt',PATHOPTS=(OCREAT,OTRUNC,ORDWR)
it will overwrite the file if it exists.  Is that satisfactory?

--
gil