On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 16:06:35 +0000, Billy Ashton wrote:

>gil, the reason I cannot write directly is that in one case, after
>creating my file, I run it through AMATERSE to shrink it, and AMATERSE
>cannout output to the Unix file. So in this case, I need to write to a
>temp file, then copy it to Unix where I can send it.

Do you ever need both the TERSE instance and the sftp instance?  If
you need only one you can select whether to allocate a temp DSN or
a UNIX file.

If your data set is large it might be desirable to avoid creating a large
UNIX file.  Sftp just executes a monitor program at the remote site.
Instead of sftp you might be able to:
    cp //temp.dsn /dev/fd/1 |
        ssh user@remotehost " set -x; cat >remote.file.txt"

(Yo never said how you solved the original "cp" problem.)

Are you allowed to use Dovetailed Co:Z?

--
gil