From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Phil Smith III
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 12:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: APAR closures

Ah, RET sounds like what I was (mis?)remembering as IDOC:
RET - Returned to the user for more documentation

Note that the page is not 100% correct (and yes, I saw its disclaimer), as it
says:

FIN - Fixed in next release

and we all know that's "Fixed IF next release" because IBM does not preannounce!

(Yeah, that's probably sorta dead, but I remember IBM being VERY VERY clear
about that in the years immediately after the consent decree.)