From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2022 11:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: JES2 DUPL_JOB parameter

I've long (ever since we started our migration from VSE to z/OS in 2008)
disliked the default of DUPL_JOB=DELAY, but I was overridden in setting
NODELAY because of the "it's always been this way" attitude, and lack of
desire to determine if there were any dependencies on the behavior.

I am curious (but not hopeful) if there is anything available to log or
otherwise note when a job is delayed because it has the same name as a job
that is already running.  Specifically, I am looking to find processes that
depend on the DELAY behavior.